Fire Damage Cleanup
Types of Smoke Damage
Once at a fire scene, a SERVPRO of Yavapai County Professional will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. Cleaning procedures will be based on the information identified during fire damage pretesting.
Types of soot include:
- Wet Smoke Residues - Result from smoldering fires with low heat. Residues are sticky, smeary and with pungent odors. Smoke webs can be difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke Residues - Result from fast burning fires at high temperatures. Residues are often dry, powdery, small, nonsmeary smoke particles.
- Protein Residues - Virtually invisible residues that discolor paints and varnishes. Extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot - Furnace puff backs distribute fuel oil soot.
- Other Types of Residues - Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residues also need cleanup.
With the Slide Fire getting some containment today, it appears that the fire fighters have a good handle on the burn. If your home has been affected by soot and smoke from the wildlife please give SERVPRO of Yavapai County a call for a free estimate.