What To Expect When Faced With Flood Damage
When it comes to dealing with water damage, it is essential that home and business owners in Prescott, AZ take immediate action. The longer structures remain submerged, the greater the risk that you may need to tear out and restore significant portions of the building. Here are the six steps to expect during the post-storm restoration process:
1. Contact a professional restoration crew. Many companies have 24-hour call centers that can get you in touch with a local service. Make sure to have the following information on hand:
• Contact information
• Insurance information
• Street address of flooded site
• Time damage occurred
• Cause of flooding
2. Damage assessment. Technicians should perform a comprehensive inspection of the extent and type of damage and take steps to move or block off furniture or other items to prevent further deterioration.
3. Water Removal. Industrial pumps are used to extract as much standing water as possible, minimizing secondary water damage and mold growth. A crew may need to tear out carpeting as well to protect the subfloor.
4. Drying and Dehumidification. Water retained in porous wall and floor materials can cause warping and mold growth. Technicians use specialized industrial air movers and dehumidifiers to dissipate moisture.
5. Disinfection and Odor Removal. Air scrubbers and fogging equipment are used to deodorize and sanitize walls and furniture, using antimicrobial and disinfectant treatments. Professional cleaning services can often help to restore personal items, such as clothing or photographs.
6. Rehabilitation. At this stage, a professional team can help you to identify any repairs needed to return the premises to pre-flooding condition, including whether you need to tear out portions of the structure that may have been compromised.
Storm restoration is a multi-step process that requires promptness and technical expertise. It is a good idea to keep an emergency contact on hand for a professional service in Prescott, AZ that specializes in flooding and water damage. Visit http://www.SERVPROyavapaicounty.com for more information on storm damage.