Frozen Pipes Cause Water Damage Prescott, AZ
Here are a few tips to help with preventing frozen pipes and extensive water damage in the upcoming winter months:
1. Disconnect all gardening hoses and install covers on all outside faucets.
2. Keep your house temperature at 68 degrees or higher, even if you're leaving the house for an extended period of time.
3.Open cabinet doors below sinks to allow heat from the home to circulate.
4. Identify the location of the main water valve and the valve on your water heater. (Learning the location of these valves may come in handy during an emergency.)
5. Wrap pipes nearest exterior walls and in crawl spaces with pipe insulation or with heating tape. This can prevent freezing, especially for interior pipes that run along outside walls.
6. Close all windows near water pipes; cover or close open-air vents. Freezing temperatures combined with wind drafts can cause pipes to freeze more frequently.
7. Heat your basement and consider weather sealing your windows.
8. Insulate outside walls and unheated areas of your home.
Call SERVPRO of Yavapai County in Prescott to help with all of your water, fire and mold damage projects.